What do you do when things don’t work out the way you planned? More importantly, how do you learn from that mistake or that failure?
Because when you are able to pull yourself up, dust yourself off and keep going, taking that wisdom with you - that’s where the magic happens.
My guest on the podcast today is Celina Caesar-Chavannes, Entrepreneur, Author & Former elected official - and she has made some mistakes in her life. And she wrote the book to tell about it.
She wants you to know that you can have success after making a lot of mistakes.
And sometimes those mistakes CAN turn into your biggest lessons, but only if you let them.
In this episode of the Shine to FIVE Method with CJ we are talking all about:
And never forget, that YOU as an ordinary person doing ordinary things have the power to change the world.
Celina Caesar-Chavannes is a business consultant, coach and international speaker. She
currently serves as the Sr. Advisor, EDI Initiatives and Adjunct Lecturer at Queen’s University
and her memoir, “Can you hear me now?” was published by Penguin Random House Canada onFebruary 02, 2021. She was the former Member of Parliament for Whitby, Parliamentary
Secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Parliamentary Secretary for International
During her term as a Member of Parliament, Celina was awarded:
• Champion of Mental Health Parliamentarian Award by the Canadian Alliance on Mental
Illness and Mental Health
• Ontario Black History Society, Daniel G. Hill Award for Community Services (2017)
• Black Parliamentarian of the Year
• Featured in the April 2018 edition of O (Oprah Winfrey) Magazine entitled, “What would
you stand up for?”
• Named Chatelaine Magazine’s Woman of the Year (2019)
Before entering politics, Mrs. Caesar-Chavannes was a successful entrepreneur, and recipient of both the:
• Toronto Board of Trade’s Business Entrepreneur of the Year
• Black Business and Professional Association’s Harry Jerome Young Entrepreneur Award.
She has a:
• Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto,
• an MBA in Healthcare Management
• an Executive MBA from the Rotman School of Management
Connect with Celina on Social Media: @iamcelinacc (FB, Twitter, Tik Tok, IG).
Have you been thinking about taking the leap from your 9to5 for 2022? Join our mailing list (we never EVER get spammy) and get a FREE Transition Checklist when you click here.
CJ is always just a click away if you'd like to chat privately (for only 15 mins) about the next steps in your journey from employee to ENTREPRENEUR. You can ask about the Take the Leap Program which is the trusted method for busy corporate womxn with growing side hustles to Confidently leave their full time jobs so they can be their own Boss.
Have a Sparkling Day!